What is SEO?
A common question that we hear the most from those who want to learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Those aspiring SEO Professionals, those who are new to SEO, and those who seek to understand better “What is SEO” and “How SEO works” toward their desired success.
How SEO Works
SEO is an approach of optimizing your website to get “white hat,” organic, or unpaid, site traffic from the search engine results page or SERP of Google, Bing, among others. Search Engine Optimization is a hot item when it comes to the evolution of digital content development and online marketing. With millions of SEO resources online, knowing what is SEO and how it works in the real sense can become a needle in a haystack but an exciting challenge to take on in this new normal environment.
Google search engine optimization may require not just basic SEO to indicate to search engine crawlers that they can index your website content. Eventually, rank your website high on search engine result pages or SERPs. Having the SEO basics will help you understand how SEO works, and make a lasting impact on your digital presence.
Here are a few SEO basics:
- Create your website within a defined logical content structure.
- Keep your site free of broken pages and links.
- Make sure every page has an enticing meta title and description.
- Get citations by listing your business in relevant places on the web.
- Polish your written copy for planning and execution purposes.
SEO works as a solid foundation of your SEO strategy, telling your users of your SEO value proposition they can regard as a search engine friendly and user friendly website.
How SEO works and achieves sustained success depends on how your Technical SEO works to improve the technical or backend aspects. It optimizes all of the backend settings of the website. When done correctly, your technical SEO can increase the chances of your website content pages in the indexing of search engine crawlers. The interest over time for technical SEO is increasing significantly as part of an on-page SEO that focuses on improving elements on the website to improve its rankings locally or globally over the internet. How SEO works for your website can be best specified in your SEO strategy.
You can consider these technical SEO tips as your starting point:
- Assess your site SEO status. Identify search engine crawl errors that can mean Google has encountered trouble when indexing a page on your website.
- Optimize the URLs of your website for search engine bots and humans.
- Find the factors by which Google views your content pages. Get the pages found and preserve link authority.
- Make sure your site is mobile-friendly, so fix every broken link.
- Optimize the source codes of your websites for search engine crawling.
- Secure Your Site With HTTPS and an SSL certificate.
- Track the website’s response to SEO using Google Analytics to get a deeper understanding of your customers. Analyze data on how SEO works to optimize your website content or business information and organize it in one place.
- Check your site’s loading speed to ensure high clickability from your users.
Based on the recent information from Google Trends, the interest profile or need for technical SEO in the United States surged from 29% in July 2019 to 89% as of June 2020 with technical SEO audit being at 60% of this incremental development. Along with this increasing trend for interest in technical SEO are the need for technical SEO specialists and technical SEO experts. Globally, the interest or need for technical SEO increased from 57% in July 2019 to 100% as of June 2020.
Learn more of the technical SEO approaches from other web resources such as this comprehensive checklist of technical SEO Tips to improve your search engine rankings and take the lead on the SEO competition.